Case Study : Case Study : Energy and Carbon Management – reducing carbon by 16% in Citywest
Inspired by the low carbon footprint of our newest warehouse in Greenogue, a highly automated ‘dark warehouse’ which uses light only when there are people in a given area, we identified that there was potential to reduce our energy consumption levels in our warehouse network, starting with our biggest facility in Citywest.
- We invested in two new high efficiency (Rhoss) packaged air cooled chiller with axial fans for our Citywest warehouse
- We upgraded our energy monitoring system to allow full visibility of our energy usage system and switched off ourunused automation systems during ‘off’ days.
- In the Citywest facility, we achieved energy savings of 334 tonnes of CO 2 in the year, 16% savings on 2018
- The savings were delivered despite a significant increase in warehouse activity and production hours of approximately 13% from 2018
- Our plan is to implement these initiatives in all Uniphar sites from 2020.
Related Case Studies
Corporate Governance – Strengthening the Board and improving gender balanceView Case Study